PRAS Programme for Students
All Israeli students are eligible to apply to PRAS and are required to reapply for each year of their studies.
Applications for the 2023/2024 academic will close on August 31st, 2023.
Our programme enables students to volunteer in a number of ways:
- Offer support to new Olim as they settle in Israel, encouraging them to practice their Hebrew language skills.
- Become a “big brother/sister”, bearing in mind that many of our new Olim have left family and friends and are beginning a new chapter in their lives.
- Assist Southern African Olim with special needs.
- Accompany and assist elderly Southern African Olim.
- The PRAS programme runs from November to June (total of 80 hours per academic year).
- Students volunteer for 2 hours per week (66 hours per academic year).
- Students are required to attend 14 hours of educational training and seminars, providing them with the necessary information and skills for their volunteering.
About the scholarship:
PRAS students receive a scholarship of NIS 6,000 for the academic year. A cultural and travel stipend is also provided.
Israeli students of Southern African lineage may also apply for a scholarship based on financial need.
Who can apply for a PRAS scholarship:
- B.A., M.A. or PhD students, or those studying for a diploma recognised by the Council for Higher Education.
- Students must study for a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Students must be able to communicate in English.
- Students must be Israeli citizens.
- Students who have served in the IDF or have completed National Service
Priority will be given to:
- Students of Southern African lineage*
MEET THE PRAS TEAM
*Southern African countries: South Africa, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zimbabwe (previously Rhodesia).
PLEASE NOTE: The PRAS programme will operate according to the guidelines of the Ministry of Health. The structure of the programme may not be the same as in previous years due to circumstances that are beyond our control. Volunteering hours and scholarship allocations may be limited, and contact with the client might be via a virtual platform. Please ensure that you have available the necessary computer hardware and software. We require you to be flexible concerning the nature and scope of your volunteering.
Max file size: 10MB for each file.
Allowed file extensions: pdf, jpg, jpeg, png.
File names cannot contain apostrophes (‘) or quotes (“).
Uploading files with these characters will result in an error upon submission!